Woo hoo ! What’s best to start the week after a long weekend ? A blog award ! Friendly Danielle from SEO is for girls presented me with this schmooze award – apparently I’m good at interacting with other bloggers. According to Mike from Ordinary folk who designed the award, “Schmoozing as defined by Dictionary.com is the ability “to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.”
So I’m one of the five lucky pick from Danielle, and it’s now my turn to pick five lucky winners. Here they are :
- Sir Jorge of the Video Store Blues : Jorge reads and comments on an amazing number of blogs everyday and is trying to build a nice e-community. He is also the owner of Sir Jorge’s market, Sir Jorge WWE Blog, The Mexican DVD Review and gosh… I hope I don’t forget anything – this guy is everywhere on the web !
- Silverneurotic of The Post-College Years Part II : a very friendly woman who write almost everyday on her personal blog, she always takes the time to “comment on comments” and to follow up. Go read her, she deserves it !
- Cowboyft of A Cowboy’s Wife : she found me through Blogger’s group and we’ve been reading each other since then – her life is so different than mine… it’s fascinating ! She’s very friendly and open-minded.
- Deadpoolite at Deadpool’s Laughing Den : ladies and gentlemen, here is the perfect guy ! Funny, a little bit crazy (but good crazy !), quick-witted… and Greek ! He deserves the award for always helping and discussing various subjects.
- Princesse Écossaise of La Belle Saison : she deserves the award for several excellent reasons. First of all, she’s Scottish and she blogs in English (duh !) and in French. As a teacher, I can only praise her. Second, she’s always ready to help : she sent me some great questions to put in my FAQ. And finally she’s awesome ! Funny, good writer, in love with a French guy… 10 / 10 girl !
And apparently, the blogosphere was very active this week-end since I’ve also been tagged by Cowboyft of a Cowboy’s Wife on the “8 things meme“.
The Rules: “Each person posts the rules before their list, then they list 8 things about themselves. At the end of the post, that person tags and links to 8 other people and then visits those peoples’ sites and comments letting them know that they have been tagged, and to come read the post, so they know what they have to do.”
1) I rarely wear make-up because, let’s face it, I’m not really fully awake before 10 am. And I’d rather no poke my eye out when putting the eyeliner on.
2) My favorite snack is yogurt and granola with honey on the top. Although I pretend I only eat fruits when asked.
3) I go through geeky phases where I’d spend hours fixing the HTML in my blog, trying new software demo and customizing my Firefox.
4) I hate going to disco : I’d rather meet friends in a café or a restaurant – basically anywhere where we can actually talk and hear each other.
5) I love concerts and the last couple of years, I saw U2, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Rolling Stones and Manu Chao live.
6) I hate Paris. The city, not the woman. Well, not that I like Paris-the-blond anyway. Although I admit Paris is a nice place to visit, the city makes me feel uncomfortable.
7) When I make a grammar mistake in front of my students, I just pretend they didn’t hear right. Then I blame them for not listening.
8) I import my bras from France. I’m serious. If you want good sweater or jackets, Canada is fine. But nothing beats a French bra. So every 5 months or so, my mum send me a few bras, wrapped in newspapers. Duh : in case the customs open the package !