Montreal is the second largest French-speaking city in the world and, this Paris of the Americas is as chic as it is charmant. A UNESCO world design city and home to some 1.6 million, the city is a cooking pot of cultures and subsequently, un melting pot culinaire.
Anyone looking for a little fine dining on a visit to the city should take a look at our top five tips. From the mountains to the Mediterranean, the steakhouse to the sea and all with a little Canadian je ne sais quoi, unique to Montreal.
- Toqué! Members of Relais & Châteaux and Five Diamond, this locally inspired restaurant creates delicious dishes from a carefully selected range of products from local artisans. Specials include the duck foie-gras and a range of seafood. A real winner for those looking for a true taste of the region.
- La Queue de Cheval Touted as the ultimate steakhouse destination, the crown jewel of the Morentzos Restaurant Group delivers fine dining in true Canadian style. Located in downtown Montreal, the stunning historic building is only matched by its gorgeous terrace. Steak and Seafood rule the house here.
- Bazz Java Jazz Chic and chilled, Bazz Java Jazz offers a wonderful ambience in its historic settings. Offering such delicacies as bison tataki and tempura shrimp, this stunning restaurant also offers a table d’hôte at weekends for those with an adventurous palette. Vegetarians are also catered for here and they have a wonderful selection of vin du pays.
- Elounda If you’re looking for a taste of the Mediterranean then look no further than Elounda. Authentic Greek seafood and classic southern food are their specialities – and you’ll receive all this with the finest service. An elegant menu is provided with finesse in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, perfect for your most refined guests.
- Ristorante Cavalli In the heart of downtown Montreal sits this “beacon of style and culinary sophistication”. Cosmopolitan cocktails and divine dining help this most glamorous of restaurants stand out from the crowd. Cavalli is one for the gourmands and provides an extraordinary culinary adventure.
So, for anyone looking for a truly refined dining experience in Montreal, take heed of our top tips. Of course, arriving at such bastions of culinary delight should be done in a style befitting the gourmand. Why not take advantage of a Montreal Limousine Service and make it a truly special evening as you see the sights and enjoy the food in this wonderful city – all from the comfort of your own limousine.