Sink or swim. I had to keep my head above water, and swim, but for that I needed the chance to gather my thoughts and find the strength to fight.
I wasn’t doing too well that winter. A year and a half into motherhood, I was getting burned out and I was lost.
I took this trip alone to find answers to my questions.
I came back stronger. I think.
Here is the travel diary:
- Hello Otta… I mean, Hi, Toronto!
- Adios Costa Rica..
- People (and Hostels) Are Strange
- The Fine Art of Walking and Playa Hermosa
- Jacó Or Where I Apparently Find “Sin City”
- Malpais, Beaches And a Long Dusty Hike
- You Live, You Learn
- Beach Bumming in Montezuma
- Cabo Blanco, a Snake, a Coati, an Armadillo And a Hike
- Bus, Collectivo, Bus, Bus, Ferry And Bus
- A Day With Strangers
- Santo Domingo and Ojo de Agua
- Where I Realize I Am Not Tour de France Material
- Isla Omotepe: One Island and Two Volcanoes
- San Juan del Sur and the Pacific Side
- León: Revolución, Churches and Big Cola
- People of Granada
- Volcano Crater? Checked!
- Las Isletas
- Nicaragua—And Yes, a Crazy Border Crossing Story
- El Desayuno Es… Gallo Pinto
- A Five-Hour Long Bus Ride Later…
- People of San José
- El Mercado Central
- Exploring San José
- Sink Or Swim