Mark had just turned one and we wanted to take him on his first backpacking trip (plus, let’s face it, we wanted to travel). We wanted a fun yet easy destination so we chose Mexico, a country we know well. It wasn’t one of these all-inclusive trips though, and even if we started in touristy Cancun, we also went off the beaten track in Yucatan and Quintana Roo, from beaches to ruins.
Climbing pyramids with a one-year-old kid strapped to the back? Checked. Backpacking with a baby? Mission accomplished.
This is the travel diary.
- Hi Again, Frozen Hell…
- Curious About Mexican Food?
- Vivir La Vida
- The Wonder That Didn’t “Wow”
- Progreso and the Gulf of Mexico
- The Lost Ruinas of Uxmal
- Mérida Centro and Beauty in Chaos
- Mérida’s Zoo
- Sunday in Valladolid
- Hello Yucatán!
- Gran Cenote (Or Cave Swimming With Niño)
- Tulum Playa
- Cobá Ruinas (Or Climbing a Pyramid Carrying Niño)
- Tulum Ruinas
- Exploring a Mexican Supermarket
- Puerto (Non) Aventuras, Souvenirs and Rain
- Playa Del Carmen
- Porto Morelos
- Cancún Centro
- Playa Caracol
- Estamos en México!
- You Can Check In Anytime But You Can Never Leave
- Off We Go… Yes, Again!