A couple of years ago, I was introduced to Pay It Forward, a meme that encourage people to send and receive small gifts. I enjoyed participating and I must admit I was like a little waiting on Christmas Eve when I opened my little package!
This time, I heard of the City Swap on Expat Traveler’s blog. This year, it was organized by Laura. The goal was to: “Swap some thing(s) that, in your opinion, best represent the place where you live, and what you think makes it unique”. Laura patiently assigned each participant a “city swap buddy”.
Jana, my recipient from South Carolina, just wanted to be surprised and didn’t have any specific like/dislike. I told her I couldn’t promise to send a live moose or hockey players’ teeth (two great Canadian items!) but that I would do my best.
This is what I sent her:
- Chocolate bars, one with maple syrup and the other one with ice wine filling
- Maple syrup candies
- A “why Canadians say ‘eh’” fridge magnet
- A 8 x 10 copy of skating on the Rideau Canal picture from the Shop
Apparently, she liked it!
I was the lucky recipient of Amy’s package, and I was amazed how much effort she put into it—she gathered Denver in a package!
- Coffee from Pablo’s Coffee
- Delicious cinnamon candies
- A copy of the Denver magazine, 5280
- A CD of her favourite local band, Paper Bird
- Celestial seasonning tea made in Boulder, CO
I love these little random acts of kindness!